12.01.2009

Christmas Craft Ornament Idea

So, I was invited to an Ornament party coming up where you are supposed to make 'homemade' ornaments. Being as 'crafty' as I am, after agreeing to do it, I actually found it quite challenging! I definitely wanted to do something different than everyone and tried to guess what would or could be brought to the party (gosh forbid if you do the same thing as another! lol). I have no idea! I have never been to such a party but I was determined to find an idea that would be unique and I 'think' I found one, we'll see : /, yikes!



Isn't it SO cute! I wanted to share it with you so you can make it for your family's too or for a friend. In my case, I had to make as many of the same ornaments as there are guests (13 or 15, I don't remember). All guests do the same and you end up with one each of the guests homemade ornaments. Like a cookie exchange? She doesn't' know it but, I am also giving the hostess of the party, supplies to make it with her 6 kids (and we pulled my brother's families names and we are making them for their 3 1/4 kids too. shhh! don't tell either family). I'm excited! I know how much she must 'love' a potential messy children's craft party!? he he he. So, all you need is

Red paint
ribbon
wood spools
paper for "list"

 Each family member can have their Christmas wishes, typed or written on paper then taped to the painted spool. You can add new paper it every year marked with that years requests to remember the sweet thoughts of littles at Christmas :) It's SUPER easy and the best idea that someone else made up. ;) 

2 comments:

Scatcat said...

I personally LOVE it, and think you should make two more with the extensive list on my blog :-) hehe

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing!! Love you

ALL PROCEEDS BENIFIT OUR NEXT ADOPTION EFFORTS :) THANK YOU!

I decided to name my crafts "Mulholland Drive" after the street I lived on as a young girl. My memories of those days are simple and fun and full of imagination. This inspired me as it was the first memories I have. Hopefully you will appreciate the simple, fun and imaginative Gifts and Crafts I make inspired by those times. No matter what, I love what I do and hope you do to.
I had a very active imagination being 5th of 11 children. We were encouraged to be independant and creative and with so many kids, there were plenty of opporunities to sneek off to day dream! ;) I love to make and create and can't seem to stop myself from doing it! Full-time, I am a successful Hairstylist, Wife and new Mommy but apparently I'm not busy enough because I love to find things I love and improve on them, putting my own stamp on it. This blog is a place to display all I do so hopefully you will enjoy it also. I am constantly creating so check back often. I love to hear what you have to say about what I do so leave a comment or two... :)